Look toes in the sand!!! I am so glad summer has finally showed up here in Traverse City. I was worried I was never going to be able to put away my boots and sweaters. Summer may be my favorite thing about living in Northern Michigan. It’s probably the most perfect place to spend the summer. The water is crystal clear and looks tropical on the right day, there are cool breezes all summer, you can layer in the most luxurious ways, the wind is perfect for sailing, and everyone lives for the four months we get of perfect weather. So though the traffic is terrible because of the influx of people the beauty around us is worth every bit of a headache.
This weekend I plan on designing a photo booth backdrop for Weber Photography, weeding the garden and laying mulch, reorganizing our new space more, and watching movies late at night till I fall asleep. On Sunday we are hiking the Sleeping Bear Dunes with our friends Bryan and Mae. I cannot explain my excitement to do some adventuring! If you don’t know about the dunes make sure to find out what I am talking about here. Kind of amazing huh?
I am looking forward to sitting on the deck at night and sipping wine and eating cheese (my favorite pass time) and spending some non-working time with my hubby.
It should be grand and I plan to take some photos of the garden to begin a summer column on what we are doing and so on with it. I am actually excited to bring this in once a week this summer since I have been planning my garden since the beginning of the year…yeah I am that excited about it!
Here are the weekend links! Lots of exciting things this week to check out:
1. This week was a wonderful week because Matchbook Mag came out for the month! On that same note The NY Times wrote a very interesting article on blogs and online magazines. Read it and then check out Grace Bonney’s response. Very interesting!!! I appreciate how Grace responded.
2. I want to this DIY to a pillow for the bed I think. I also think it would be awesome to recover our chair and stencil something on the cushion but I am terrible at committing to things ha.
3. When I came across the stationery of Karolin Schnoor on Oh So Beautiful Paper this week I was in awe. Her work is beautiful and understated, which I always appreciate.
4. A few of my fave etsy shops I would like to talk more about in the coming weeks: Snug, Leah Duncan, Abigail Brown, Cristina Pires, Scout & Catalogue, Forest Bound, Edor, and Gray Works.
5. Then for all you cooks out there, here are a few recipes on my list in the near future: Grilled Corn, Fire roasted salsa, and spearmint ice cream.
Have a great weekend friends!! I hope you relax and can enjoy at least a day of relaxation.